This book blog is actually going to happen.
We've got a Facebook page, a Twitter account, and reviews already stocked up for posting. The blog account has been created, and we're in the process of fine-tuning it. The launch date is for June 17.
At this point I'm trying to think beyond just the reviews. What else can we post? What else can we do to promote? Sometimes I feel like we should just take baby steps, and sometimes I feel like we need to be buying a billboard or something.
As it stands, we have sixteen page likes on Facebook and five followers on Twitter.
We've only been promoting those pages for about a week. I don't know much about Facebook or Twitter, so I don't know how much progress that actually is. I have a feeling that more people are going to like the Facebook page than actually follow the blog. Which means we need to get the word out to more Facebookers.
If only I actually used my own Facebook account.
Well, my partner uses hers more than mine, and I have a feeling at least half of our page likes come from her friends. Still, it's something.
I can't wait to see what this is going to become. I have no idea how big it's going to get or how small it might stay--I just hope it doesn't flop. Right now I'm so burnt out with school, I can't hope for much else. Hopefully I'll recover some energy once summer break starts and be able to focus more on this blog. Until then, I have to keep daydreaming.
No comments:
Post a Comment