Yesterday I was panicking, telling myself that I didn't want to do this, that I couldn't do it. Naomi and I have been working on it all day today, and now I'm feeling confident again. The blog's design is simple but nice. We have a wide variety of subgenres and ratings of books going up. All the pages are in order, and the pictures in their right place. We have profiles about ourselves, lists of books and authors, and a disclaimer just in case we make anyone mad. I have to say I'm kind of proud of it.
All that's left to do in preparation for tomorrow is one last review I have to write tonight, and a check through in the morning to make sure everything's in top shape. We launch at noon.
Of course, it will forever be an ongoing project. We have to keep writing book reviews, plus other articles that have to do with YA Lit. Sometime soon I want to make a logo for ourselves, and maybe if our blog starts to grow, we should consider hosting advertisements.
I know at first the following will probably be slow, limited to friends and family. And as the summer gets busier, and eventually school starts up again, keeping up with the blog will grow continuously more difficult. That is why I am choosing to make this an exercise in perserverence. I won't get discouraged when only my teachers and grandparents have subscribed (no offense, Mrs. Weekman or Mema!), and none of the authors we email have gotten back to us. I won't give up when I've got ten errands to run and a summer book report to finish. I'm going to stick with this until at least the end of my senior year. If not until the end of college. If not until the end of grad school. If not beyond...
This blog could become a big hit, or it could just be something fun my friend and I keep up with to stay in touch and share our passion. Part of it is chance, part of it divine providence, and part of it my attitude, motivation, and persistence--what I choose to make it. And I want to make it the best that it can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment