I've just done my third book review, and I believe I'm getting the hang of it, at least when it comes to form. I want to cover all the essentials--plot, character, writing style--along with a general reccomendation ("If you like romance novels, than this is the book for you!"), and of course my personal opinion. When I actually get the other blog up and running, I'll also include the summary that comes on the back of the book (quoted and credited, of course), and maybe even a picture of the cover art. It all depends on how I want to format the blog.
In addition, I've decided to partner up with my good friend Pen&Ink (authorofeternity.blogspot.com) to make this site happen. She's pretty good with computers (eons beyond my skill, anyways), and she's probably read more books since last Thursday than I have in my entire life. She's a great writer and a deep thinker. I know she'll be great at writing reviews.
That's all for now. I hope to start working on a spiffy layout soon (I'm letting Pen&Ink experiment on my own blog, so we'll see how that goes), and hopefully we can launch the site as soon as the summer starts.
Until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment