My books came in today!
I came home hoping there’d be a package waiting for me, and expecting to be disappointed. After all, I’d been waiting since Friday, and I was mentally wrestling myself into sucking it up and finishing Sunshine, which is just one of those books that you need to take a long break from.
Right before I dashed upstairs, I asked if there'd been any packages that came in during the day.
"Yep," my sister said, and I thought she was joking. "No, it really did come in today. Look over there."
Sure enough, on the corner of my dining room table, hidden by the wall, was a huge brown package from Barnes&Noble. I grabbed it, ran up the stairs, and ripped the tape open with a pen. I was too excited to look for the scissors. While my sister turned on the TV, I lay all my books out on the floor and just admired them--nine fresh, thick, shiny books, just for me. Then, I stacked them up in alphabetical order, and after the show was over I hurried to my room and placed them all on my bookshelf, which I am proud to say is now full (and after having it for only three months)!
I don't know why I'm telling you this, or why you'd be interested, other than the fact that I hyped it up so much in my other posts, and that I'm so excited. I'm going to be on a plane Thursday and Sunday, so I should have plenty of good reading time. First up is Carol Plum-Ucci's The Body of Christopher Creed, because it's one of the shortest and I only have a week to read it if I want to stick with my schedule. Plus, Plum-Ucci's the BOMB, and I can't wait to read her award-winning novel.
My review should be up by next weekend then, so look for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment