Sunday, January 9, 2011

Books, Books, Books!!

     One of the few positives about being stuck at my grandparents' house is that they always take us to this discount story with mountains upon mountains of nice, hardcover books as cheap as 80 cents. I got seven hardcovers and two paper backs for less than $15. Add those on top of the books I got from the last time we went to that store, I officially have a traffic jam of books I have to read. I've got them all in a list now, and I'm going to put the list on my mirror or something to motivate me. Hopefully, I won't have to wait until summer to get through most of them.

Here's the list in the order I want to read them. There in no specefic order other than the one towards the bottom I'm the least enthusiastic about*:
  1) Numbers
  2) Troy
  3) Sunshine
  4) Prince Across Water
  5) Tamar
  6) The Misadventures of Benjamin Bartholomew Piff
  7) One Night
  8) The Heretic's Daughter
  9) Prince of Thieves
10) Singer in the Snow
11) The Dust Roads of Monferrato
12) Peppermint-Filled Piñatas
13) Nightscape
14) Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
15) Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch
* This summer, a book called So Silver Bright is scheduled to hit the shelves. Should the book come out before this list is done, it immediately moves to the front of the line, as it is of the utmost importance. ;)

     Not only do I have these, but I've had three or four books recommended to me, plus there are several books that I want to buy from a couple of specific authors. My birthday is next month, so I should expect another influx of books that will most likely affect the ordering of my list.
     I feel like part of this sudden deluge is the fact that I got a bookshelf for Christmas. My parents will be pleased to know that it's filling in quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment