I was rereading Eyes Like Stars to review for the book blog, and my sister and I started talking about what I was going to say, and about how crazy the plot was, and how much “Drink Me” juice it must have taken to come up with something like that.
Then we started talking about what So Silver Bright might be like. We concluded that something bad has to happen to Ariel, since nothing really bad has happened to him yet, while everything that could have possibly gone wrong has happened to Nate.
Which, of course, brought us around to the love triangle. We’re both going to be rooting for Ariel even though we’re putting our money on Nate. We debated who was taller, because Eyes Like Stars says one thing, while Perchance to Dream implies another. I argued that Ariel has to be taller to compensate for Nate being buffer.
And when the issue of Man Cards came up, I found myself having to defend Areil’s, what with my sister making fun of his butterflies and my mom in the front seat insisting that “Ariel” was a “girl’s name.”
Somewhere along the way, we talked about who would be the dream cast for an Eyes Like Stars movie. I told my sister I thought Emma Stone might be a good Bertie, and that Ariana Grande just had to be Ophelia. We liked Ben Barnes for Nate, but we couldn’t think of any one who’d really fit Ariel, so we gave up with our half-finished casting.
It was a fun trip. I hardly got any actual reading done, but it was probably the most fun I’ve had with my sister in a while. Lately, I've had a hard time connecting with her, and I think that car ride did us a lot of good. I guess I owe my thanks to Lisa Mantchev. Needless to say, I can't wait for So Silver Bright in September.
No comments:
Post a Comment