I will now try to explain as clearly as possible the setting and plot of the story that I've been working on for the last few years--the one I hope will become my first novel one day. Of course, not all the details are set in stone, but this is the general idea. Enjoy. :)
The story is set in the not-to-distant future, a mild dystopia (because I'm not going to the extremes of robot overlords and brain scanners, etc.), where a hereditary disease has mutated that nearly wipes out a generation. In response, the government attempts to wipe out the gene. Forty years later, the gene is almost extinct, but the government is insistent of snuffing out every trace. Those who have the disease must become wards of the state, usually lab rats in the search for a cure.
Kennedy Belle has the disease, and as her closest friend, Spencer has taken it upon himself to protect her. But, he might not have long. Kenn is fading fast, and the government is closing in on their trail. In addition, Spencer has to look out for his brother Cole and his troubled friend Amalia. Can Kennedy Belle's doctor find a cure, or will he have to say goodbye? Will hope come from an unexpected source, or is it too late?
Yes, I'm aware that the end of that sounded like the cheesy back cover of some Prama book, but if I take you through every painstaking detail, you won't read this. So, there you go! Hope you liked it.
No comments:
Post a Comment