"A hundred years?!" the witch screached, tearing for her sister's throat. The radiant faerie glided away from the oncoming wrath.
"He's a wicked young man, sister, but never has there been any man who is all evil. He must have time to learn." Light poured from her supple, pink lips as she spoke, her complexion illuminating the dark room.
"I can't wait that long!" the black-clad sister screamed, pacing the room as her dark, smokey robes flew wildy behind her. "Didn't you see him? Did you even look into those eyes?!" Even then, she seemd to become lost in the memory of the fair prince, whose golden curls had shone the same color as the sun, and whose eyes sparkled like the two bluest stars. "I want him. I want him now!"
Her fairer sister shrugged, shoulder gliding fluidly beneath her bellowing silk sleeves, "You wouldn't if you'd seen what I've done to him. It was one of your own concoctions I used."
The dark woman spun on her heel, winds swirling about her. "Which potion?" she gasped in horror, "What did you turn him into?!"
With the faintest quirk of her jaw, her sister said placidly, "A beast."
No comments:
Post a Comment