…from the depths of “hillbilly hell” (yes, we watched Cars while we were there).
I hate the country. HATE HATE HATE it!!! I always get culture shock. It’s crazy how much of a culture shock it is, when Halifax is less than two hours away from my house. I hate the place.
And, to top it all off, we lost our dog. Our sweet little chihuahua (I know they have a rep for being mean, but my dog is seriously the sweetest thing!!) Mischief ran out my grandparents’ doggy door Saturday while we were at our cousin’s house. He disappeared. A couple of people spotted him, but since dogs just roam around down there, nobody bothered to pick him up. We combed the area, and knocked on every door within a mile radius, and called pretty much every one in Halifax county, left a report with the pound, put an add in the paper, and called the local radio station…
…Nothing. It’s Friday now, and we had to go home without him. By now, we figure somebody picked him up and decided to keep him. It’s actually more likely than him being dead at this point.
I feel like we were cursed, because the day before we watched Marly and Me.
I cried a lot last night.
Please pray everyone that somehow we’ll be reunited with him.
Thanks.
Edit: No, we never found him, and now all the dog stuff has been cleaned out of our house. It's really depressing, and my mom took in another stray cat since, so my dad's saying we're not getting any more animals, period.
....I'd have really rather gotten a puppy than a cat...even if she is really nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment